06 Apr We’re on the lookout for a Communication and Operations Intern!
UPDATE: Adélaïde Andriot joined the team as our new Communication and Operations Intern.
Position starting as soon as possible.
FounderFuel helps early stage companies go to market and raise seed capital. Founders have access to Entrepreneurs-In-Residence, Mentors and Investors from our networks all across Canada and the US. The 13-week program consists of workshops, founder talks, intense pitch prep and office hours that culminates at our 1200+ attendee Demo Day.
As the Communication and Operations Intern, you will be working on building and distributing content for the program. You will communicate with FounderFuel’s voice: open and welcoming, with the goal of engaging with the community. In Operations, you will help the Program Manager run the program smoothly by helping with logistics planning and event management. This is a paid, part-time position that requires 10-15 hours per week.
What you will do with us
- Write blog posts and stories about companies, founders and investors in our community that are relevant to the program’s focus;
- Lead our Social Media platforms to engage with our community and share great content;
- Update the website content on a regular basis;
- Write and distribute engaging newsletters to our networks;
- Be present at events we organize to collect great content to share for the program (events will, at times, be held in the evening);
- Work with the Program Manager with event planning and logistics during the cohorts.
What you will get
- An opportunity to play an important role in the Montréal and Canadian startup ecosystem;
- A fast-paced environment with unprecedented learning experiences;
- Access to a vast invaluable network of influential startup individuals;
- Work out of Notman House, home of the web in Montreal; and
- A compensation based on experience.
Do you have what it takes?
- You must be fully bilingual in French and English;
- You are an organized, detail-oriented, outgoing and driven person;
- You have to be extremely proficient with all Social Media sites (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Vimeo, Youtube, Buffer, Slack, etc.);
- You are a Jack or Jill of all trades. Must be comfortable in both planning, executing, and attending tons of events; and
- You are fun to work with (that’s obvious but we’ll still put it out there!).
If you score 5 out of 5, we would love to meet you! Send the following to email@example.com:
- A couple paragraphs why we’d be crazy not to meet you;
- Your resume (PDF only please).
- Your online profiles (Website, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.); and
- Examples of content you wrote in past projects.
Talk to you soon,