Today Brad Feld is in town for his book tour promoting his new release, Startup Communities: Building An Entrepreneurial Ecosystem in Your City and he popped in for our pitching session with the teams.
Here were some of his tips to the teams during the session!
1. Show, don’t tell. You have 30 seconds to show me what you do, and 30 seconds to show me why I care. Show me, don’t tell me. By the end of the first minute you should have my attention.
2. Present, be theatrical! Maintain your energy all the way through. A powerful way to get your energy back midway through the presentation is to slow down. Pause and build up.
3. Don’t get stuck in the words, don’t lose sight of the big picture.
4. Don’t always start practicing at the beginning–skip around to make sure that each of the separate parts is solid, versus nailing the beginning and petering off towards the end.
5. Be specific about things that matter.